Family Support

Welcome to the Family Support page.

Anything in red can be clicked on to find out further information.

Our Family Support Advisor for the school is called Jayne Peer and she is based in the Acorn building. You can pop into the Acorn building to speak to her, or  telephone 01793 525908. 


Jayne can help with;

Signposting/referrals to other agencies
Internet safety
Family issues
Children's health
Play ideas
Adult Community Learning
Completing Forms
Funding for items in the home

If you are unsure where to turn, please give Jayne a call! 

Uniform - our Uniform Room is open every Friday morning in the Acorn Building from 9am - 9:30am. Come and have a look for some pre-loved uniform for your child - all items 50p.


Useful websites


Cost of Living 

Help if you're struggling with the cost of living

Padlet - Cost of living crisis, Swindon Borough Council

Warm and Welcome Spaces in Swindon



Moneysavingexpert Useful site to find out any financial help, grants and information.

Free School Meals form 

Swindon Emergency assistance fund

Help with paying water bills

The voice for water consumers, here to help you!

Housing and energy grants

Do you wear a uniform? Could you claim back your tax?

Tax credits


Help paying for your childcare

Housing benefit


Data Bank - Like a foodbank but for mobile data, the National Databank provides free mobile SIM cards to help digitally excluded people get connected!

Free Data for O2 users

Warm home discount scheme  Please click on energy suppliers and click on your supplier as different suppliers have different criteria.

Bristol Debt Advice Centre

Free Insulation and Boiler Grants

Council tax discounts and reductions

Money advice service


Internet Safety

NSPCC Keeping children safe online

Online safety guidance for parents



Domestic incidents - Swindon Womens AidVictim Support - Stalking and HarassmentForced marriage

Supporting families in Swindon affected by cancer - Dragonflies 

Separating or getting divorced -  Separating parents leaflet

Autism - Swindon Autism Information and Advice Service

Entitlement to early education funding

NSPCC - Support for parents

Parenting Advice


Early Help Services 

The Early Help Assessment (Record) and Plan is the common process for supporting children, young people and families with additional needs through early identification of problems, swift intervention and a planned, co-ordinated response. The aim is to consider the needs of the child or young person in three key areas:

 - The development of the child/young person, including health and well being
 - Parenting/caring
 - Family and community

The professional who identifies a child’s needs gains consent from the young person, parent or carer to complete an assessment, following which he or she coordinates an Early Help Assessment (Record) and Plan and, if appropriate, initiates a Team Around the Child and Family (TAC/F) meeting.

TAC (Team Around the Child) - A Lead Professional is the worker who supports you and your child/young person and helps sort things out. They will record your story on a form called an Early Help Record. You will need to tell them who is already involved with your child/young person.  The Early Help Record may have shown that your child needs support from more than one worker so the Lead Professional who wrote the record with you and your child/young person will suggest a Team Around the Child (TAC) meeting. There may be regular meetings to review how things are going and see if further support needs to be put in place.


Worried about a child? - Contact Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)

Family support services


Single Parent

Are you a single parent? The following sites may have useful information



Top tips for parents who are separated


Physical Health

Disabilities -Carers Allowance, PIP (Personal Independent Payment), Family Fund - Grants to help families with disabled children. 


Mental Health

Lift Psychology Service - Life can throw up all sorts of difficulties and even day-to-day life, both at home and at work, can be stressful.  We offer many types of support for a variety of issues, ranging from general stress to low self-esteem and anxiety.

Swindon Mind  This site has information on a whole range of mental health issues, and where to get support in Swindon.   

Sane support This is a support forum online with lots of advice where to get help if you are struggling with a mental health issue including depression and self harm, and also has access to immediate emotional support.   

Looking after your mental health How to look after your mental health

Making better choices today can have a big impact on your health. One You is here to help you get healthier and feel better with free tips, tools and support. Whether it's moving more, eating more healthily or checking yourself – One You can help you make small, practical changes that fit in with your life.

PHE and the NHS launch Every Mind Matters to help people take simple steps to look after their mental health, improve their mental wellbeing and support others.



New Children's Health Clinic


Legal Rights

Grandparents rights



Courses for adults 

New College AEC Course Brochure 23-24

Workplace Excel Level 1 /2 Various start dates

Workplace Word Level 1 / 2 Various start dates

Workplace PowerPoint various start dates

Online parenting course